A 15-year-old Palestinian boy was shot dead by Israeli soldiers during a confrontation between protesters and Israeli troops in the occupied West Bank, Palestinian authorities said.
According to the Palestinian Red Crescent, Mohammad Said Hamayel, 15, died in confrontations with Israeli forces near Beita, south of Nablus, where several Palestinians protested against the expansion of a nearby illegal Jewish settlement at the expense of their land.
He is the eighth Palestinian child to be killed by Israeli forces this year and the third in Beita.
The Ministry of Health of Palestine said six others had been wounded by gunfire.
The official Palestinian news agency, Wafa, reported that Israeli troops fired live rounds, tear gas, and rubber-coated steel pellets at the protestors.
Health ministry: Mohammad Hamayel, 15 was killed by Israeli army during clashes in Beita village.
Three Palestinians were killed since May during protests in Beita village against a new illegal Israeli outpost that recently established by religious settlers on Sabeih Mountain. pic.twitter.com/bnv3TYIhwQ
— Alaa Daraghme (@AlaaDaraghme) June 11, 2021
Source: Al Jazeera